If a GP feelsĀ a patientĀ has symptoms which may indicate a Gynaecological cancer, they will refer the patient to a Gynaecologist or a Gynae-oncologist (a specialist in Gynaecological cancers). Depending on what type of Gynaecological cancer is suspected the referral process might vary slightly. Some patients with suspected cervical or vulval cancer may be referred to a colposcopy clinic for a biopsy while other patients will be referred to an outpatient appointment at a gynae clinic.