Admission to hospital
If you are told in advance that you are coming to stay in one of the hospitals in the Belfast Trust, you should bring the following items:
- Personal toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, facecloth and shaving kit
- Nightdress or pyjamas
- Paper hankies
- Brush and/or comb
- Dressing gown and slippers
- Any medicines that you may be taking
- Diet sheet and any other information
If you are admitted under an emergency, do not worry, essential items can be provided in the hospital. There are also shops on each of the hospital sites.
On the Ward (adults)
For additional information about being on the ward within each of the hospitals in the Belfast Trust, please click on one of the links below:
- Belfast City Hospital
- Mater Hospital
- Musgrave Park Hospital
- Royal Victoria Hospital
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children
- Northern Ireland Cancer Centre
On the Ward (children)
Children staying in the Royal Hospital for Sick Children will usually be under the age of 18. For information on staying overnight in the children's hospital, please follow this link.
If there are any concerns whilst on the ward, please do not hesitate to speak to any of the nurses or ask to speak with the ward manager.